After thinking about how complacent I have gotten over the past year, I got to thinking how a little "competitive game" would liven things up.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Introduction to the 2010 Game - Petersen Style



The 2010 Game

This is a twist on the "Bucket List", a list of things that you want to do before you "kick the bucket" so to speak.

After being a bit of an under achiever this past year, I felt it was time to give everyone a good kick in the pants.

This Christmas I gave everyone a list and a box. The list is 5 pages long. The box is the size of a shoebox.

The Task:
Complete as much of the 5 page list as possible by next Christmas, saving proof as you go.


The Players: My family

Team #1: Mom, Dad and the youngest son Kris
Team #2: Cam (on his own... unless a girl pops into the equation)
Team #3: My sister Rachael... also on her own
Team #4: Tam and her boyfriend Jamie
Team #5: Jon and his girlfriend Jodi( Toronto)
Team #6: Me and my boyfriend Kurt

Finally Team #7... grandma, on her own but well known for her ability to twist the rules and recruit help.


The Game:
A year long odyssey, a 5 page list of a variety of tasks that are meant to get people off the couch and out of their comfort zone.

Points are awarded based on the "worth" of each task (1-3 points)

Only one team member has to complete a task to gain the points.

Proof is often required, but the honor system is in play... lets hope grandma can stick to it!!

The prize: A dinner at a swanky Restaurant.

May the best team win!!

5 comments:

  1. I din't know there was a prize for this....now it's getting even more interesting. By the way, who pays for the dinner. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll collect small donations throughout the year!!

    haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is absolutely no doubt about that little one. I believe the best team is already in the lead catch us if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who's holding the Super Bowl Party?

    ReplyDelete